Saturday, February 17, 2018

Southern Serenade

     It is the end of the week (thank God!) again, and it is time for another Global Design Project challenge. This week, it is a colour challenge...using the fun combination of Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight and Dapper Denim.
     For me, this color combo is a bit intriguing as I would never have thought to put these three colors together. I must say though that after looking at my finished card, I think this combo is brilliant! It is fun and playful, and I sure had fun playing with these colors.
     For this challenge, I decided to use my Southern Serenade stamp set because I just love this stamp set and I can't wait to play with it. Not only does this set have gorgeous images...it also has a lot of lovely sentiments. I think it's an awesome value because you can certainly create beautiful cards with just this one set.

     Starting with a Whisper White cardstock (4 x 5 1/4") I stamped my flowers in my Basic Black ink pad and then clear-heat-embossed it. Then I moved on to doing my background using the lacy flower stamp in the set with my Melon Mambo and Dapper Denim ink pads. I did not bother masking my flowers because I decided to go for a textured look for this card. The flowers were then simply coloured in using my blender pen and my Daffodil Delight ink refill.





     I stamped the sentiment on a die-cut circle piece of Basic Black cardstock using my Versamark pad and then gold-heat-embossed it. For embellishments I used my Flourish Thinlits Dies and die-cut a few blooms on a piece of gold foil sheet. I also used a piece of Daffodil Delight circle die-cut, and a strip of the glittery gold washi tape (from last year's SAB) that I coloured with a black marker. 

      So here is my finished card...thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed my card as much as I did creating it, and I hope to see you next time. Have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment