Sunday, February 25, 2018

Dragonfly Spotlight

     Hello and welcome! Today's card project features Dragonfly Dreams and Butterfly Basics stamp sets...both just absolutely lovely. To add a little bit of pizzazz to my card, I used the spotlight technique. This is a super easy way to add appeal to any project.

 
     Today's card is also my entry for this week's Global Design Project 126 which is a sketch challenge. Here is the layout that we are following for this week's challenge.
     So on to my card...I used Very Vanilla as my card base (A2 size). I used a piece of Island Indigo and Gold Foil sheet for my layering pieces, and again a piece of Very Vanilla for my art piece (3 3/4 x 5").  I started by stamping my dragonfly using my Basic Black ink pad and then clear heat embossing it afterwards, to make it easier to colour later on. I then moved on to stamping my branches of leaves off to the right edge using Old Olive and Basic Black ink pads. This was followed by stamping my sentiment...making sure it'll fit into my oval.
     Once all my stamping is done, I moved on to colouring my dragonfly. I then used my Wink of Stella to give the wings a bit of sparkle, before covering the wings with my Fine Tip glue pen to give it a glossy finish. While letting the glue dry, I cut out my bigger oval out of my Island Indigo cardstock, and then a smaller oval onto my art piece (once the glue was dry).
     To put my card together, I started with layering my ovals first, then layering my art piece onto the gold and Island Indigo pieces. Before adhering my cut-out ovals, I attached my ribbon which I coloured to match my Island Indigo pieces, and wrapped this around all my layering pieces. Finally it was just a matter of lining up my cut-out ovals and adhering it onto my card. 
     Here is my finished project, I hope you like it! Thank you once again for stopping by and hope to see you next time. Have a lovely day!

4 comments:

  1. This is so pretty. I love the technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I have always liked the fern from the Butterfly Basics stamp set, and the layers on your card have real depth to them. Your coloring on your dragonfly is exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue! I’m glad you liked it...I had fun creating it😊

      Delete