Sunday, February 04, 2018

This Little Cupid Piggy

     Valentine's Day is just around the corner, and in honor of this, I'm doing a few cards with this theme in mind. Today I decided to make a playful Valentine's day card using my This Little Piggy stamp set. This set was one of my must-haves from the Occasions catalogue because I thought it was just too adorable! 
     I started by making my own glimmer paper for my clouds using the Dazzling Diamonds and the Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets. I just stuck one side of the adhesive sheet on a piece of Whisper White cardstock and then poured the glitter onto the other side of the sheet.
     I don't own any cloud dies and so I made do with what I had...which was the cloud stencil from the Pattern Party Decorative Masks. I traced the clouds and just cut them out...easy glittery clouds.




     Next I stamped and colored my pigs. For the cupid pig, I did the mirror stamping technique (tips on this technique here) because I wanted him to face the other way. I then just drew in the bow and arrow in his hands, colored them in, added shimmer using Wink of Stella, cut the pigs out, put dimensionals at the back and then set them aside. 
     My background piece is a 3 3/4 x 5" piece of Pool Party cardstock that I ran through my Big Shot with my Softly Falling embossing folder and then sponged with my Island Indigo ink pad. Finally my sentiment is from the retired set Sealed with Love, and I heat embossed it with my silver embossing powder on a cut-out Berry Burst heart. I cut out the same heart on a piece of DSP, and then added a half of the silver foil snowflake for embellishment as well as some small sequins. I also added a layering piece of Silver Foil sheet that's 4 x 5 1/4". And here is my finished card.
     I hope you enjoyed my playful Valentine's day card for today crafters and I wish you all a lovely day! See you next time :)



2 comments: